full

Sometimes keeping busy is just the thing. Sewing up allot of re purposed clothing for the kids has been keeping me very busy. Like these t-shirt shorts for big brother. Oh, and slippers from the sleeves, to match, of course!
a very quick and simple nightgown (another gifted t-shirt) for a warm August evening This lovely lacy shirt has just been cut all to pieces ;)
and has been completely remodeled into... ..this little dress/nightgown for little Lilly and ...
..and also this nightgown,
inspired by my great grandmothers
(that the girls are constantly borrowing :)
:
I have finally built up enough courage to try a pattern out of one of my favorite Japanese craft books. These dogs are so tiny, and completely stitched by hand. Each piece was seriously the size of a quarter or smaller. Yes, very intimidating, but after sewing this doll dress I figured, what the hey, and then gave it my best!
..and here he is, Nia completely adores him

Of course in this family, I don't just make one of anything.So yes, I'll be posting 3 more new and fantastic dogs... sometime, in the near future. :)
:

..our garden is growing,yet our beautiful lettuce is nothing compared to...
The Super ZUCCHINI!
It is so funny how enthusiastic these kids get over their veggies, while they grow IN the garden, or when they are ready to be harvested. Now, if I can just get that to carry over to the zucchini on their plate...ah ,yes that will be the day.

:
... a pretty awesome yard sale score...
I'm especially excited about this book with the paper pattern still intact. We are totally going to make some copies of this little red truck, I can see them all about the house already.

..I don't know much about yoyo's but this one is too cute!

..more blocks found their way into the crafting area...
spreading a little bit of joy

No comments:

Post a Comment