molasses taffy, take one!







A few weeks ago I picked up a wonderful assortment of cookbooks while thrifting and have been having a lot of fun trying out some new old recipes. See that can of milk there? I've had that very same can sitting on the counter.. well,... since before Christmas waiting patiently to become candy of some sort.
Motivation is very closely related to inspiration it seems. Little did I know when I casually tossed out a "sure" to making sugar glass ((recipe found in Sneakiest uses for everyday things-found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/192-7319109-4955140?a=0740768743
love those library books :) ) I was destined to grab that newly thrifted book and a friend (Olive -the white bear) and just give it a go. At first all looked promising, then maybe I didn't quite reach the recommend 240degree temperature, so the "pulling" of our taffy covered us all in a fun and very sticky mess. Those cute little natural parchment wrappers that are all cut and ready to go are just going to have to wait til :take two, and I have just the right spot on the counter :)

Well at least there's always knitting, Oooo..or spinning!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment