happy day










I am learning play time Every Day is important, no ..make that crucial, for me. Yes, even "grown -ups" need to play and have fun, in whatever way that translates, every day and not just on weekends. For me that means - you guessed it..makin'somethin' ;)
Time spent creating always gives me an extra and much needed boost of energy, most especially when I can make something useful for everyday. Like this little balloon bag I just whipped up in a wonderful sewing frenzy that spontaneously occurred yesterday while the little ones were quite joyfully engaged in other activities. Of course, immediately after these shots were taken this little bag was dumped out, and traveled all around the house to serve many other purposes I hadn't intended, so I just had to get busy making another. I fell in love, which happens sometimes when I am making things for others, and adopted this second bag as my newest knitting on the go bag. ;)
A super fun thrifting adventure this last weekend brought us this little girl, and while she was only a dollar, she is by far the new favorite in our house (mine too :) that said, she was in desperate need of attire, and with plans for many more dresses in the very near future, I made her this simple little dress that turned out so cute considering I just began to cut and sew with out any pattern(::first time:: yikes!) I was so glad to search through some of my vintage snaps and use the teeniest size for the back closure, and made use of some lace I had just trimmed off of a thrifted dress I had recently altered for Liora.
::note to self:: Next time, remember to stitch the arm holes first, Before piercing the bodice together! Those tiny handstitches were tough I kept poking my finger tip!
All in all, my day sprinkled with sewing in between around and during all of our normal routines, left me (surprisingly) with more energy and not less, come nightfall and oh, so very happy.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment