up a tree

This was just too funny not to share.
Anyone out there with the little ones that refuse to wear even a stitch of clothing when the temperature is above 90 will understand. On one of the last of these unusually late in the season warm days, our Lil decided to copy her older siblings (big surprise there, right?)who just love to climb the large trees in the yard. Except, she was going to do this with no help from mama.... in the buff. Luckily, Evan was within earshot, and while he ran to get the camera, I spotted our little adventurer as she climbed even higher.
She stayed up there for quite a while, testing her weight on the thinner branches, delighting in mama's faces and shrieks of "no, not that one! Stop bouncing on that branch ,it's too small!"Finally, when she had her fill she turned to me. And with a look I have been trained by many before her to recognize. I reached my arms out just in time and with a huge smile,
she jumped.

2 comments: