ellie evan

something about this sweet little elephant just reminds me of Evan



I've had these fabulous grey long sleeve cotton tees just sitting around for a while now. These among others, have been the generous donation of our dear friend Jim at: who is kind enough to throw me any misprinted or otherwise maimed tees. Thanks Jim!



So, one day it just hit me -elephants! I quickly got busy cutting and laying out pieces. This time around I actually remembered (yay!) to stop, and make patterns of the pieces, BEFORE I got too excited and just sew the whole thing together. You know, just in case I wanted to make another one...or..two, or four. ;) So fun to make was this little ellie, that I've made up two more already.


One with a pink yarn tail {organic cotton} and pink footpads to match, to which the lovely Liora has staked her claim. Upon seeing the pink pieces she exclaimed, "for me"? So yes, of course it's for you!


The second has footpads from this adorable bug fabric that I love!


Nia loves that it looks like the elephant is walking on bugs.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I also always forget to make a pattern when I'm sewing. If it turns out well I just think "Now how did I do that?".

    ReplyDelete