Works in progress

Okay folks here goes. Ever get that feeling at the end of the day, like "Hey, I didn't do anything awesome today, or even anything remotely close to something creatively expressive?
Yeah, well I had one of those...um...years.
So, even though I can browse through all of my photos of projects, creations, and moments of last year. I can also at the same time go ...meh...
And I realized why.

 While  everything I made I loved, (whether it turned out the way I had envisioned it or not) and while some projects were extremely challenging (remember Halloween?)
I have yet to create the things that have been swirling around in my imagination for the last 13 or so years, in the background of my life.
So.
This year I'm bringing that background, behind the scenes soundtrack, forward.

Starting with this little gal Clover.












 
  
Designing and creating my own fabric doll has been a dream of mine for a few years.
When my girls were younger I made each of them their own doll, using patterns from other designers.
The dolls are cute but lack a style that would rival that plastic blonde that seems to still dominate the doll scene. So here is my first prototype, I decided to instead of making a bunch of heads and parts, to just make up a whole doll, one at a time until I have the exact pattern and look that I am envisioning.
This way the girls will have dolls to play with now, and I will have a visual reminder of the progression of my work. 
 I'm off now to make this girl some clothes, I'm thinking something lacey and fun!
 
Happy Monday!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment