knitting handspun

Freshly cast on the needles, my very favorite handspun multicolored fiber. I just love these colors!
I actually started out spinning this on my maple and redwood drop spindle (made by my love)  and finished up on my spinning wheel (also made by him :) he's really the greatest.
 This spinning wheel of mine you know I love it so much I'm actually designing my next tattoo to include it (but that is an entirely different post.)
I decided that instead of layering more sweaters to fend off the chill, what I could really use was a cowl. Like most all of my projects, ahem, I thought I would just wing it. I measured about where I thought the loop should end so that I could wrap it twice, grabbed some circular needles, knitted up a gauge swatch, did some quick math, and I'm on my way. All of  this was at about 9:30 last night, yeah, well when inspiration hits...whadda ya gonna do?
 
 
 

 
 
 
 (crate -o- handspun awaiting enough bravery to "wing" a sweater)
soon
 
 
 currently on the wheel- alpaca fiber from mother's day. I've already spun the white that I will be plying with this chocolate. I love a good two tone yarn. I'm planning on knitting this into a little capelet. Winter knitting is really the best.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment