on the needles






Knitting, spinning and then, more knitting. I'm no stranger to times of change, jaunting off into the great unknown and then waiting to see what each new day will bring and just how will this all unfold? I've found that with all great adventures comes a bit of restless, nervous energy. Now, running, yoga, and most recently parkour, have all been fantastic ways to funnel this incredible amount of energy that inevitably gets pent up. Sometimes though, I need to turn that energy into "something", gifting a handmade bit of love, oh there's just nothing like it. And that's where spinning and knitting come in handy, especially when in the car, or hotel room...day after day.

So ::making lemonade:: today we have in the first photo a handspun natural,red,yellow,green, yarn that is almost completely knitted into a neck scarf, for those extra chilly scooter rides to come.

Second photo, some experimental yarns, wool silk blends, and a naturally dyed rainbow wool that I finally have the confidencecourage to spin I love the colors sooo much!

Third photo, a quick knit, bulky, thrifted yarn that I picked up on the island. After hunting around a few different knitting sites I had a fairly good idea about the style of this bag, made it up as I went along, and created the oversized coconut button from a found coconut shell. It was suprisingly easy and much softer than wood to work with. I just love the lighter colored specks..

And lastly, our littlest, helping to lay out some past knits that I forgot to photograph, and those strawberry mittens are going to be revisited in an up coming post, since I have two girls who have outgrown their warm mama knits, and have requested these exact mittens,please! They really do grow too fast...

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.3

No comments:

Post a Comment