making spare yarn sweaters








I always say once properly motivated anything is possible...do I believe that? Well yes on most days I do, like on days when I look at my raked over yarn stash with half skeins of this and that and see not what is left over from making various animal manes and tails but the potential for some wonderfully glorious sweaters! Yeah, I dream big I know. Well here is the first little sweater in the most lovely mustardy yellow. I am madly head over heels ::in love:: with this color.
Ah, my darling little lil, she has a love hate relationship with this sweater, no I'm serious. She literally took one look at it as I was knitting and asked what it was. Excitedly I told her "its a sweater...for you!" "...I hate it." Um, yeah.. we're working on other *power* words that will work in place of that almighty H, but sometimes I guess its just the only one for the job. So the days go by and ta da all finished! Time to choose some awesome vintage buttons, and ..you guessed it, there came that same enthusiastic opposition...to ANY button I put down. That is where the fine art of {{parental patience}} that I've been honing for over a decade comes in. See, I know that secretly she really loves everything, and buttons are her weakness if I just wait long enough, she quickly loses interest in choosing buttons and instead happily spreads them all about the room in her favorite game. Now in the time that this transition has taken I can whip out the buttons I have chosen and quickly stitch them in place. Yes! Score one for mama, it totally worked :) Enough time has passed, and now her interest has turned to more exciting things..like discovering what sister is up to in the other room, wait just what are they doing in there...
And now its time for the big reveal...
" ..you're sweater is done Lilly..."
::gasp:: ..runs over to me..." oh, I LOVE IT!"
and I love you lil ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment