Hand quilting

One stitch at a time, in between and around all of the seed planting, meal making, chicken care,rabbit grooming,tidying up, walks to the park,schooling, and just the general busy-ness of this time of year. This quilt top is slowly becoming a real quilt.
I rescued this vintage hexigon quilt top from eBay at Christmas time and after moving and settling in, I'm so glad to finally get on with the stitching. When I'm not stitching, the wall in our front hall has become a temporary home for this colorful beauty. And I must admit, I do love the look of it just leaning there and hanging out til I have a spare moment to continue on with the quilting. This is my third quilt top I have quilted entirely by hand. I've come to love and even embrace the longevity of a project like this. It nice to have a simple handwork project that I can just pick up and work on when my energy just might not be there at the end (or beginning!) of the day for some of my more involved projects.
Just simply needle..thread..fabric..

No comments:

Post a Comment