Every little stitch counts

This is my very first stranded color work project. I have been dreaming and planning this sweater for a few months now and I'm so excited to finally get on with the knitting! The pattern can be found here it's  Georgia by Jane Richmond. I've knit a long sleeve version already and I really love everything about this pattern.
 For this sweater I'm hoping I have enough recycled sweater yarn for 3/4 sleeves. I'm about half way through the pattern on the collar and I have learned early on with this one just how much every stitch counts. After ripping back several rows(a few times now) ..I realized this is special attention knitting. Usually I knit ..and..
answer children's  questions.
watch a movie.
 listen to children's tales and stories.
read bedtime stories.
..but not this with this one. With all the color changes and increases in the collar (and maybe the cuffs?) this is my quiet moment knitting. And, when it all gets to be a bit too fussy, I can just switch over to my sock knitting projects, or my hand quilting. But I'll share more on those fun projects soon.
It's sunny out now and the children are enjoying  our chickens in their new backyard. So, that means I might be able to sneak in a few rows!

No comments:

Post a Comment