roadtrip

Creating time for exploration, it's essential.
We packed up for a quick coastal trip last weekend, 
 it was an amazingly blue sky day, perfect beach weather.
The drive was so much shorter than anticipated, with my knitting in hand I watched the changing scenery, town and buildings, give way to farms, and then finally to forest, stretching out on either side as we made our way here. Such a refreshing change of climate. The response is nearly always the same when we tell people we've moved here, to Oregon from Hawaii, "...WHY?" I smiled to myself as we got out of the car and the chill of the brisk beachy winds swept across my cheeks. Instantly, taking a deep breath in, I felt at home. To me, the beach and coast mean, that you might need a sweatshirt, and there might not always be swimming, but, there is always plenty to see, explore, and discover.  So, for those of you who are still wondering why, because there's just no place like home...maybe, not even "paradise". 
                                   -walking meditation or{ as it was actually used}
                                   -running in circles as fast as you can

                                                                                    "Papa" -by Lillyanna

No comments:

Post a Comment