my 26.2

So, yesterday I had :: a moment::
I get them from time to time, and I end up doing the craziest things.
like running my own marathon
at night
while I'm still 30(for one more day)
There were no starting lines, no crowd to cheer me on,
just an extremely determined ten year old on his bike,
and an incredibly devoted and supportive husband
in our car full of little girls.
I had no idea when I would finish and I wondered many times if I could at all, the last 6 miles are said to be the most difficult.
That was definitely true, and for me it was that very last mile.
Each step required enormous determination, if it weren't for the sweetest, tired, little voice along side me, "I love you mommy you're doing so good" I don't think I could have gone on.
when I hit .7 I started crying , my legs hurt so bad I didn't think I could take one more step, and the thought of quitting when I was so close broke my heart..
..at midnight last night
..with a car full of sleeping kids (and dog)
And my ultra determined running buddy still pedaling away at my side
I crossed that infamous 26.2 mile mark and completed my own marathon.

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING Natalie! You are my hero! I run 3 miles a day...and feel like that is a marathon. It is awesome that you could do that...Happy Birthday!

    -Amanda (Weston) Eccles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. so much :) Amanda, and are you kidding?!
    Running three miles a day is also Very awesome, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete